Today is national Pizza day! Of the more than 1500 national days in the registry, today is the one we love to celebrate most!
At Wise Guys we celebrate pizza everyday so we wanted to do something special to honor this national day. Celebrate national pizza day with us and you can get a Small Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza and a 2 Liter delivered for only $10.
Since there will be a lot of pizza eating today, we decided to give you a few pizza facts to discuss over lunch or dinner.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.